The District Shopian derives its name from its Town SHOPIAN, about which Frederic Drew, while justifying the basis of its nomenclature, states that it is the distortion of word “SHAHPAYAN”, i.e, Royal Stay. Shopian has been an ancient Town of Kashmir, which among other factors has a certain historical importance since it is situated on the ancient imperial route commonly known as Mughal Road which connects Lahore & Srinagar. Currently under construction Mughal Road links Distict Shopian with the districts of Rajouri & Poonch.
At a Glance
|612.9 Sq km||265960||Kashmiri||231|
- Confirmation of Avian Influenza (H5N8) in dead crow in R&B office Premises Shopian-Restrictions under Section,144 Cr.P.C in the Alert zone .
- Integrated Grievance Redressal for identification, protection and restoration of water bodies.
- Transport Department
- Hiring/engagement of District Executive Secretary and Junior Assistant on temporary basis for District Red Cross Committee, Shopian
- Walk in Interview for Hiring of Pharmacists in PMBJAKs in District Shopian
- Publication of Final Seniority List of CPWs/LFWs of School Education Department, District Shopian
- Unauthorized Case of Ms. Heena Ramzan, Teacher BMS Meemander
- Disbursal details of financial assistance to the victims of September 2014 floods under PMDP for Fully, Severely and partially damaged houses.
- Admission Notice
- Tentative seniority list of NON gazetted cadre, Education Department District Shopian