District Shopian at Glance
Shopian is a far flung hilly area and was a part of District Pulwama. It has been given the Status of Hill District on 01-04-2007. A brief description of the dstrict is as follows:
|Altitude||2146 mts above sea level||Area under fresh||22902 Hectares|
|Geographical Area||612.87 sq.km||Rural population||2.50 lacs|
|Forest area||300 sq.km||Urban population||0.16 lacs|
|Cultivated Land (Hectts)||33797||No. of ST population||0.15 lacs|
|Irrigated Land (Hectts)||12501||No. of BPL population||54800|
|Total land of the District||76854 Acres||No. of Tehsils||07|
|Total population||2.68 lacs||No of Villages||232|
|Sex Ratio||950||No. of Nayabats||13|
|Literacy Rate||62.49%||No. of Girdawar Circles||13|
|Area under fruit||26258 Hectares||No. of Halqas||43|
|Area under Dry||3356 Hectares||Municipal Committees||01|
- UPDATED INVENTORY OF MIGRANT IMMOVABLE PROPERTY AS ON 01/08/2021
- Notification under sec. 11
- Final Seniority list of Jr. Assistants as it stood on 01.08.2022
- General Public is invited to file complaints/objections if any within a period of 10 days.
- Interview notice for various posts under One Stop Centre for Women (SAKHI), Shopian
- Publication of 3(A) of NH-444 (Shopian Byepass)
- Compulsory Usage of Masks in the District.
- Tentative Seniority List of Junior assistants of Revenue Department.
- No post to display