The District Shopian derives its name from its Town SHOPIAN, about which Frederic Drew, while justifying the basis of its nomenclature, states that it is the distortion of word “SHAHPAYAN”, i.e, Royal Stay. Shopian has been an ancient Town of Kashmir, which among other factors has a certain historical importance since it is situated on the ancient imperial route commonly known as Mughal Road which connects Lahore & Srinagar. Currently under construction Mughal Road links Distict Shopian with the districts of Rajouri & Poonch.
At a Glance
|612.9 Sq km||265960||Kashmiri||231|
- Deployment of General Observers and Expenditure Observers of DDC, Panchayat and Municipal By-Election 2020
- Appointment of Nodal Officers at District Level for monitoring various activities in connection with Bye-Elections to Panchayat/Urban Local
- Proposed list of ROs/AROs
- Provisional Selection List for Junior Staff Nurse and Sister Tutor (Hired) under NHM.
- Regularization/absorption of qualified & eligible CPWs of School Education Department District Shopian as Class-IV Employees- Notice thereof
- List of Visiting officers for B2V3 Phase I
- Panchayat wise Schedule for Back to Village 3 (B2V3)